Sunday, February 12, 2012

I Love DAISO! The Preview

 I think "I Love Daiso" should be a blog all its own. Have you ever been in a Daiso shop before?

My first and favorite Daiso in San Francisco's Japantown
For the uninitiated, Daiso is the most awesomest Japanese housewares shop. EVER. Actually it's more than just housewares. It's a veritable treasure trove of things you never knew you needed (banana holder, anyone?)

Screen grab of the Daiso Web site "products" page. And this doesn't even scratch the surface.

Daiso is ridiculous. And I mean literally ridiculous. Once, my friend Amanda and I unwittingly killed a couple of hours making our way through the aisles of Daiso, just reading the "Japlish" (aka Engrish) phrases found all over their product packaging. We died many times over. I looked up the Daiso Web site and found a blurb which pretty much sums up our outing that day:

"Find Surprises & Fun!"
Why am I raving about Daiso on a blog dedicated to cake decorating? Because they have some kick-ass cake decorating supplies, of course! And I don't just mean in their cake decorating section either. I've found many an unexpected addition to my collection of cake toys in Daiso's craft section and bento section. There's also a wealth of fun packaging, party supplies, and food products that a creative caker could put to good use.

And did I mention, almost everything in there is $1.50?!

Keep your eyes peeled - I'll be sharing my finds with you in posts that I'll tag with (you guessed it) "I love Daiso!"

1 comment:

  1. Surprises and Fun are plentiful in Daiso. I've never had so many belly laughs killing three hours in one store. (In fact, I don't think I've ever spent three hours in a store until Daiso). It's very much worth the trip. Great Blog!

    ReplyDelete