Saturday, August 6, 2011

The Icing Room

My first order of business when I'm back home in Singapore is usually to eat my way across the island, but not this time. Topping the agenda on this trip - cake shops! It turns out my mom has been squirreling away clippings of new attractions I'd be interested in, and among them was this place:

A cake decorating bar! Located in the food-focused basement level of one of Singapore's newest mega-malls, a row of turntables (not seen here) awaits anyone with a yen for decorating a pre-frosted cake for a fee.


The Icing Room provides a massive selection of sugar decos and pre-filled pastry bags of colored frosting, making it more of a fit for the novice decorator, kids or anyone just looking to add a personal touch to a celebration. What a novel idea, and super-cute as well, especially with the giant lampshades and staff dressed in tiny ruffled aprons to add to the lilliputian theme.


They wouldn't let me take any more pictures, so I grabbed the next one from the Icing Room website, which is here.


They also host workshops for kids, and sell adorable little cakes, like this one:

No comments:

Post a Comment